Benefits and expectations
What can a young man expect from Sigma Phi beyond the core values of Friendship , Love, and Truth? He will have mentors and role models from upperclassmen who provide support and guidance in scholastics, social behavior, loyalty, honor, and individual responsibility. The chapter house setting provides numerous opportunities to develop integrated skills. A Sig will be expected to:
- Maintain higher-than-average grades
- Participate in extra-curricular activities
- Participate in volunteer work in the community in which the college is located
- Learn how the living unit is managed, reserving time for societal activities.
- Participate in the business management of the chapter house
In addition, he will be expected to meet his financial obligations to the house as he progresses through school.
Brothers will participate in activities that build links between Sigma Phi and the rest of campus. Chapters have receptions and dinners to foster frequent contact with faculty members. Some chapters even bring nationally known speakers to campus.